Our Sunday Internet Auction #950 is now live with a great selection of over 337 fresh, new coins, 65 No Reserve lots and 25 Vault Value items. All lots will begin closing at 8pm EST on Sunday, March 5th. Some of the more interesting highlights from this week's sale include:
- 1860 1c PCGS MS65+ (Pointed Bust)
- 1909-S Lincoln 1c PCGS MS66+ RD
- 1805 H10c PCGS/CAC AU53 ex: Pittman
- 1835 10c PCGS Proof 64
- 1934-S 50c NGC MS65
- Top 100 VAM: 1878 7TF $1 PCGS MS66 (Reverse of 1878, VAM-100, Type1 Obv)
- 1884-CC $1 PCGS MS67
- 1886 $1 NGC MS68
- 1887/6-O $1 NGC MS65 (VAM-3, Top 100)
- 1889-O $1 PCGS MS65
- 1891 $1 PCGS MS65
- 1893-CC $1 PCGS MS64
- Hot 50 VAM: 1895-S $1 PCGS MS63 (VAM-3, S/S)
- 1896-S $1 PCGS MS63+ (VAM-5, S/S)
- 1901 $1 PCGS MS64
- 1902-S $1 PCGS MS66
- 1903-S $1 PCGS/CAC MS65+
- 1904-O $1 NGC MS67
- 1891 $1 PCGS Proof 66 CAM
- 1892 $1 PCGS Proof 67 CAM
- 1897 $1 PCGS Proof 67 CAM
- 1880 Pattern $1 PCGS Proof 67 RB (J-1646)
- 1857-S SS Central America Shipwreck $20 PCGS/CAC MS65 (20A, Spiked Shield)
- 1851 $50 Humbert PCGS/CAC AU55 (Reeded Edge, 880 Thous)
This week's highlight selection is an 1851 $50 Humbert PCGS/CAC AU55 (Reeded Edge, 880 Thous). Long popular with collectors, these octagonal slugs are a unique offering from the California Gold Rush era. The surfaces on this particular piece are fantastic with nearly prooflike fields. It's very rare that we find such a nice example with no major distracting marks on the reverse. The beautiful design was struck before the US Mint started conducting business in San Francisco at the Assay Office under the direction of Augustus Humbert and were widely circulated in California, even once official coins were produced.
Of course there are many other highlights, so be sure to browse all lots in this exciting new sale before it closes on Sunday, March 5th.
If you have any questions about coins in our auctions, or items for direct purchase, please call us at 800-776-0560, or send an email and we will get back to you immediately.
Thanks for browsing our inventory and participating in our auction!
The David Lawrence Numismatic Team