Auction #1096 Live! Browse and Bid Today!
Our Sunday Internet Auction #1096 offers another selection from the D.L. Hansen Collection as well as an electric toned Half cent, a tied for finest Indian cent, an underrated Lincoln cent, a colorfully toned Bust quarter, a superb Barber quarter gem, a gorgeous Bust dollar, and a desirable Charlotte half eagle. In all, there’s a vast selection of 350 New Items, featuring 80 coins from the D.L. Hansen Collection, 50 No Reserve lots and 25 Vault Value items.
We hope that you’ll enjoy viewing pieces that have once held a prominent spot in the Greatest Collection of U.S. Coins ever assembled, and we invite you to also become a part of numismatic history by purchasing coins from the D.L. Hansen Collection!
All lots will begin closing at 8pm EST on Sunday, December 22nd. Some of the more interesting highlights from this week's sale include:
- 1866 1c PCGS MS66 RD
- 1867 1c PCGS Proof 65 RD
- 1908 1c PCGS Proof 66 RD CAM
- 1909-S VDB 1c PCGS MS65 RD (OGH)
- 1909-S Lincoln 1c PCGS MS67 RD
- 1914-D 1c PCGS/CAC MS65 BN
- 1868 2c PCGS Proof 66 RD
- 1918/7-D 5c PCGS/CAC AU50
- 1805 10c PCGS AU55 (4 Berries)
- 1916-D 10c PCGS/CAC F15
- 1878 20c PCGS/CAC Proof 62
- 1861-S 25c PCGS XF40
- 1904 25c NGC MS67 *Star*
- 1801 50c PCGS/CAC VF25
- 1861-O 50c PCGS/CAC XF45 (CSA Obverse)
- 1901-O 50c PCGS/CAC MS64
- 1904-S 50c PCGS XF40
- 1963 50c PCGS MS66 FBL
- 1796 $1 PCGS/CAC AU53 (Small Date, Small Letters)
- 1797 $1 PCGS/CAC VF35 (9x7 Stars, Large Letters)
- 1879-CC $1 PCGS MS60
- 1894 $1 PCGS/CAC MS63
- 1880 $1 PCGS Proof 64
- 1892 $1 PCGS Proof 64 CAM
- 1850-C $5 PCGS MS62
- 1852 $20 PCGS AU58+ (RPD FS-301)
- 1882-S $20 PCGS MS62
- 1909-S/S $20 PCGS MS64 (RPM, FS-501)
D.L. Hansen Collection Highlights
- 1802/0 1/2c PCGS F15 (Rev of 1802) ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1809/6 1/2c PCGS MS63 BN (9/Inverted 9) ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1811 1/2c PCGS/CAC XF45 ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1795 PE, Punctuated Date 1/2c PCGS AU55 (C-4, Struck 5% Off Center) ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1840 1/2c PCGS/CAC Proof 66 BN (Restrike) ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1863 3cS PCGS MS66 ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1926 5c PCGS MS67 ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1805 25c PCGS/CAC MS63 ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1830 50c NGC MS65 (Small O, O-101)
- 1876 50c PCGS MS66 ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1902-O 50c PCGS/CAC MS64 ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1903-O 50c PCGS/CAC MS64 ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1853 $1 PCGS MS63+ ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1879 Trade$ PCGS Proof 64 ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1878-CC $1 PCGS MS66+ ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1880-S $1 PCGS/CAC MS68 ex: D.L. Hansen Collection
- 1881-S $1 PCGS MS66+ DMPL ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1893 $1 PCGS MS65 ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1872 G$1 PCGS MS63 PL ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1887 G$1 PCGS Proof 65 DCAM ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1870-S $20 PCGS MS61 ex: D.L. Hansen
Our first highlight coin is an 1840 1/2c PCGS/CAC Proof 66 BN (Restrike) ex: D.L. Hansen. Beautifully preserved gem proof. Razor sharp strike and glossy brown surfaces that flash with neon tints of lime, indigo, and purple on both sides,it's no wonder this coin was CAC approved. The Hansen Collection holds the finest known for the date, a PR64RB.
This week's second highlight is an 1866 1c PCGS MS66 RD. A scarce date in all grades but even rarer in gem condition. Tied with seven other examples of the date as the finest graded, this lovely copper-peach tinted piece is super high-end and eye appealing for the grade!
The third highlight coin is a 1909-S Lincoln 1c PCGS MS67 RD. Scarce first-year Lincoln cent. Almost as scarce as the more famous 'S-VDB' in full red. Gorgeous golden surfaces with light hints of orange, this coin is the finest available for the date and grade.
The fourth highlight coin is an 1805 25c PCGS/CAC MS63 ex: D.L. Hansen. Exceptional example! Satiny silver centers yield outwardly to deep purple rim toning. Rainbow bands apparent on the obverse to the left of liberty and show boldly on the reverse peripheral. Lovely eye appeal and strong details for the grade. The Hansen Collection number one set holds an MS64+ example for the date.
Our fifth highlight is a 1904 25c NGC MS67 Star. The finest graded for the date by NGC, this star-designated superb gem is of the utmost quality and eye appeal. Beautiful blue and amber tints fall into a pleasant golden center with an even more attractive reverse. This piece is absolutely amazing for the quality with razor-sharp devices.
The sixth highlight coin is a 1796 $1 PCGS/CAC AU53 (Small Date, Small Letters). Fresh to the market, this piece is from an earlier strike for the date as can be determined from the light die polish lines and the two noticeable lint marks. Lovely peripheral golden tints with impressive luster, this piece is destined for the finest of Bust Dollar collections!
The final highlight coin is a 1850-C $5 PCGS MS62. Popular Charlotte issue gold piece with stunningly beautiful characteristics. Well-struck for the date with dazzling fields, this beautiful yellow-gold piece is certainly one of the most attractive for the date that we've seen. Only 63,591 coins minted of this issue.
Of course there are many other highlights, so be sure to browse all lots in this exciting new sale before it closes on Sunday, December 22nd.
If you have any questions about coins in our auctions, or items for direct purchase, please call us at 800-776-0560, or send an email and we will get back to you immediately.
Thanks for browsing our inventory and participating in our auction!
The David Lawrence Numismatic Team