Coins We Love: 🎆New Years Coin Resolutions🎆
As we approach the close of 2022, we start to look forward to the upcoming new year. One way that people typically gear up for a new year to begin is by making resolutions. These are ideas and goals that we set for ourselves with the hope of improving ourselves. We believe that your coin collection should be a part of this as well!
We have compiled a list of some of our favorite and most helpful collecting resolutions for you to implement in the upcoming year.
- Start a set registry: This is something that you can easily do at PCGS, NGC, or CAC (Once CAC gets theirs up and running). This is a great way to organize your collection and keep track of what you have and what you need. If you want to compete to have the best collection, there is no better way to display it than the registry sets. However, the organization that these allow is a huge benefit even if you don't “compete”. Best of all it’s easy, fun, and absolutely free!
- Sell your duplicates: Often when creating a collection people upgrade coins along the way. Many people do this, but they keep the duplicate. This is tying up funds that you could use to fill the holes in your collection. If we can help you with this, reach out! We would be happy to work with you as we always are looking for fresh material.
- Utilize “Coin Equity”: This is a fancy way of saying “trade”. If you have a duplicate or a piece you no longer want, you can trade it and pay less for a piece you actually want. At DLRC, we love when people do this! Not only are we able to place a piece with a collector, but we also get new inventory!
- Create a want list: Take some time, sit down, and make a list of the pieces you want. This keeps you focused and on budget when you are looking at a show or a coin show. Not only this, but it also makes the goal of completing a set more attainable.
- Learn about something new: Whether that entails taking up a new collection or reading a book, it never hurts to grow your numismatic knowledge. Branch out into a new series or learn more about your collecting niche. Knowledge is power and there is always something to learn.
- Share your knowledge: This is a great way to not only give back but to learn more. Find a collector in your community that you can mentor, volunteer at your local coin club, or write articles and publish them in a blog. These are all great ways to help others grow. And, you will probably learn a thing or two along the way.
Those are just a few of the goals that we thought up. We think that any of these would be helpful to every collector, no matter how many years you have collected. We would be glad to assist with any of the above-mentioned ideas, so please contact us for more insight.
Thanks for reading and browsing the selections that we have highlighted below!
Click here to continue reading!