Auction #1017 Lots Posted. Browse & Bid Now!
Our Sunday Internet Auction #1017 offers a fantastic selection of over 420 New Items including the Mutiny Bay Collection, along with 50 Special No Reserve lots and 25 Vault Value items.
Shipwreck coins stir the imagination of sunken treasure and remain popular among avid and casual collectors alike. Our Mutiny Bay Collection offers over 80 such mystical pieces to add to your storied collection. Coins from the SS Republic and SS Central America shipwrecks as well as various Spanish Gold Doubloons, 8 Reales, 8 Escudos and other South American selections are now offered in our Sunday Internet Auction #1017.
All lots will begin closing at 8pm EST on Sunday, June 17th. Some of the more interesting highlights from this week's sale include:
- 1873 2c PCGS/CAC Proof 66 BN (Open 3)
- 1930-S 25c PCGS/CAC MS67+ FH
- 1887-O $1 PCGS MS65 DMPL
- 1895-O $1 NGC MS61
- 1894 $1 NGC Proof 65
- 1858 $3 PCGS/CAC AU55
- 1911 $10 NGC/CAC MS65
- 1852 $20 PCGS MS60 (RPD FS-301)
- SS Central America Shipwreck: 1857-S $20 PCGS MS64 (20A Spiked Shield, Box & COA)
- SS Republic Shipwreck: 1862-S $20 NGC AU53
- Brother Jonathan Shipwreck: 1863-S $20 PCGS AU55 (# 242)
- 1905 Lewis & Clark G$1 PCGS MS66
- SS Republic Founders Set #37 of 50: 1847 $10, 1861-O 50c, 1861 $20 NGC (3 Coins)
- Spain: Isabel II 1834-M NC 20 Reales NGC AU 58 (De Vellon, KM# 576) ex: Huntington Collection
- Mexico: Ferdinand VI 1759-Mo MM 8 Escudos NGC AU58 (KM# 152)
- Chile: Ferdinand VI 1756/5-So J 8 Escudos NGC MS61 (KM# 3)
- Peru: Philip V 1739/8-L V/N 8 Escudos Gold Doubloon Cob NGC AU50 (KM# 38.2)
Our first highlight is a SS Central America Shipwreck: 1857-S $20 PCGS MS64 (20A Spiked Shield, Box & COA). Exciting double eagle gold coin from the famous SS Central America shipwreck. Even rarer, this piece has the matching box and COA from the original distribution of the coins from the shipwreck. Most of the cards and boxes have since been destroyed but this piece comes with all of the fixins.
This week's second highlight is an 1895-O $1 NGC MS61. A Key Date from New Orleans, the 1895-O is one of the most popular key dates in the Morgan series.
Of course there are many other highlights, so be sure to browse all lots in this exciting new sale before it closes on Sunday, June 17th.If you have any questions about coins in our auctions, or items for direct purchase, please call us at 800-776-0560, or send an email and we will get back to you immediately.
Thanks for browsing our inventory and participating in our auction!
The David Lawrence Numismatic Team