Our Sunday Internet Auction #1038 offers a fantastic selection of 315 New Items, along with 50 Special No Reserve lots and 35 Vault Value items. All lots will begin closing at 8pm EST on Sunday, November 11th. Some of the more interesting highlights from this week's sale include:
- 1848 1c PCGS/CAC MS67 BN (Newcomb 2) ex: Naftzger Collection
- 1909 VDB 1c PCGS/CAC MS67+ RD
- 1901 5c PCGS Proof 67 DCAM
- 1955-D 5c PCGS MS66 FS
- 1805 10c PCGS/CAC MS64 (4 Berries)
- 1858-O 10c PCGS/CAC MS66+
- 1920-D 10c PCGS/CAC MS66 FB
- 1911-S 25c PCGS/CAC MS67+
- 1916 Standing Liberty 25c PCGS VG-10
- 1812/1 50c PCGS XF45 (Large 8, Overton 101)
- 1865 50c NGC/CAC MS67
- 1864 50c PCGS/CAC Proof 65
- 1864 50c PCGS/CAC Proof 66
- 1920-S 50c PCGS/CAC MS64+
- 1867 $1 PCGS Proof 64
- 1879-CC $1 PCGS/CAC MS63+ (Capped Die)
- 1896-S $1 PCGS/CAC MS64 (OGH)
- 1880 $1 PCGS Proof 68 CAM
- 1885 $1 PCGS Proof 67 CAM
- 1934-S $1 PCGS/CAC MS64+
- 1930-S $10 PCGS MS65
- 1907 Saint Gaudens $20 PCGS MS66
- 1852 Humbert $50 R NGC AU55 Reeded Edge, 887 THOUS (Kagin-11)
Our first highlight is an 1805 10c PCGS/CAC MS64 (4 Berries). This piece is a desirable early draped bust type coin with the large eagle reverse. This design has four berries on the reverse branches. It's a lustrous white coin with frosty surfaces and is CAC approved for quality.
This week's second highlight is an 865 50c NGC/CAC MS67. Tied with an example that is graded by PCGS as the finest known, this piece is a fantastic survivor from the Civil War era. Boldly struck with satiny, smooth surfaces, the light iridescent hues and eye appeal make this coin stand out. From the Gardner collection, this piece realized $32,900 in the May 2015 auction.
Our final highlight is a 1930-S $10 PCGS MS65. This rare S-mint $10 Indian survived the massive melting of $10 Indian and $20 Saint-Gaudens from the 1930 event in San Francisco. One of a few choice gems available, it is bested by only nine coins at PCGS. This piece is lustrous and fully struck with nice, even color and is quite pretty in hand.
Of course there are many other highlights, so be sure to browse all lots in this exciting new sale before it closes on Sunday, November 11th.If you have any questions about coins in our auctions, or items for direct purchase, please call us at 800-776-0560, or send an email and we will get back to you immediately.
Thanks for browsing our inventory and participating in our auction!
The David Lawrence Numismatic Team