Our Sunday Internet Auction #1069 offers a stunning large cent, a one year type quarter, various beautiful gold examples and a countless number of PCGS, NGC, and CAC-certified pieces. In all, there’s a vast selection of 300 New Items, featuring 90 No Reserve lots and 20 Vault Value items. All lots will begin closing at 8pm EST on Sunday, June 16th. Some of the more interesting highlights from this week's sale include:
- 1842 1/2c PCGS/CAC Proof 65+ BN (Restrike)
- 1837 1c PCGS/CAC MS65+ RD (N-16, Medium Letters) ex: Naftzger Collection
- 1916/1916 5c PCGS AU50 (DDO)
- 1804 10c PCGS XF Details (14 Stars Reverse, Scratch)
- 1805 10c NGC MS65 (4 Berries, JR-2)
- 1796 25c PCGS AU53
- 1842-O 25c PCGS XF45 (Small Date)
- 1854-O 25c NGC AU55 (Arrows, Huge O)
- 1943-S 25c NGC MS68
- 1834 50c NGC MS65 (Large Date, Small Letters, O-106)
- 1803 $1 PCGS AU58 (Large 3)
- 1901 $1 PCGS MS62
- 1878 7TF $1 PCGS/CAC Proof 65 CAM (Reverse of 1878)
- 1850 $2 1/2 PCGS/CAC MS64+
- 1858-C $2 1/2 PCGS MS61
- 1880 $3 PCGS MS62
- 1841 $10 PCGS/CAC AU58+
- 1846-O $10 PCGS AU55 (Repunched Mint Mark)
- 1907 Saint Gaudens $20 PCGS MS66+
- 1860 Clark, Gruber & Co. $10 NGC MS60
- 1852 Wass Molitor & Co. $10 PCGS XF40 (Small Head)
- 1937-D Texas 50c NGC MS68
Our first highlight is an 1837 1c PCGS/CAC MS65+ RD (N-16, Medium Letters) ex: Naftzger Collection. A stunningly beautiful later date large cent from the collection of Ted Naftzger. Beautiful reddish-orange satiny, lustrous surfaces, the only noticeable mark is below the curl of hair beneath the neckline. This gorgeous piece has CAC approval and the PCGS+ grade for premium quality.
This week's second highlight is a 1796 25c PCGS AU53. The 1796 quarter is a one-year type coin that is highly sought by collectors as a first year issue of all quarter dollars. This example has lovely rose and golden highlights with plenty of luster remaining in the fields.
The third highlight is an 1858-C $2 1/2 PCGS MS61 that has gorgeous original surfaces with light orange tints in the fields. A stunning example of this later issue of the Charlotte mint that is only bested by 16 other pieces at PCGS. Only 9,056 coins struck.
Our fourth highlight is an 1846-O $10 PCGS AU55 (Repunched Mint Mark). A lovely example of this scarce variety that displays absolutely amazing luster with gorgeous mirrored fields with phenomenal eye appeal.
The fifth highlight is a 1907 Saint Gaudens $20 PCGS MS66+. It is a popular date first year of Saint Gaudens type coin that has received the PCGS+ grade for premium quality.
The final highlight is an 1860 Clark, Gruber & Co. $10 NGC MS60. Made from gold drawn from the gold rush in Cripple Creek, Colorado, these pieces were produced at a privately owned bank in Denver. A lovely example of this scarce issue, the mountain of Pikes Peak is imagined on the obverse with stunning remaining luster.
Of course there are many other highlights, so be sure to browse all lots in this exciting new sale before it closes on Sunday, June 16th.If you have any questions about coins in our auctions, or items for direct purchase, please call us at 800-776-0560, or send an email and we will get back to you immediately.
Thanks for browsing our inventory and participating in our auction!
The David Lawrence Numismatic Team