Our Sunday Internet Auction #1073 offers a rare Two-Year Type Half Dollar, a key date Morgan Dollar, a key date Proof-Only rare Morgan Dollar and a countless number of PCGS, NGC, and CAC-certified pieces. In all, there’s a vast selection of over 250 New Items, featuring 80 No Reserve lots and 25 Vault Value items. All lots will begin closing at 8pm EST on Sunday, July 14th. Some of the more interesting highlights from this week's sale include:
- 1909-S VDB 1c PCGS/CAC MS66 RB
- 1916 Standing Lib 25c PCGS/CAC VF25
- 1795 50c PCGS/CAC XF40
- 1796 50c PCGS VF30 (15 Stars)
- 1805 50c PCGS AU53 (Overton 111)
- 1811/10 50c PCGS AU58
- 1830 50c PCGS/CAC MS64+ (Small 0)
- 1892-O 50c PCGS Good-06 (Micro O)
- 1795 Flowing Hair $1 PCGS/CAC VF25 (3 Leaves, B-7, BB-18, R-3)
- 1795 Flowing Hair $1 PCGS VF25 (Silver Plug)
- 1796 $1 PCGS VF30 (Sm Date, Lg Letters)
- 1798 Small Eagle $1 PCGS VF30 (13 Stars Obverse)
- 1798 Large Eagle $1 PCGS AU53 (B-19, BB-106) ex: Miller
- 1870-CC $1 PCGS AU50
- 1890-CC $1 NGC/GSA /CAC MS64
- 1903-S $1 PCGS/CAC MS66+
- 1878 7TF Reverse of 1878 $1 PCGS MS65+ (R78, VAM-31 Lines Thru Leg)
- 1895 $1 NGC Proof 53
- 1853-D $5 PCGS AU55 (Large D)
- 1909 $5 PCGS MS65 (OGH)
Our first highlight is a 1796 50c PCGS VF30 (15 Stars). Desirable in all grades, this piece is often featured in the Top 100 U.S. Coins reference book. Totally choice for the grade, with light grayish-brown surfaces, this issue is a fantastic survivor from a mintage of just 934 coins. The 1796 is the first year of type and is scarcer than the 1797s and is more desirable based on the rarity.
This week's second highlight is a 1903-S $1 PCGS/CAC MS66+. CAC approved and with the PCGS+ grade, this popular key date has absolutely gorgeous golden-orange rim tints surrounding satiny central devices.
The final highlight is an 1895 $1 NGC Proof 53. The 1895 is generally considered the set-stopping date to a complete Morgan set. A mintage of only 880 coins and no business strikes were issued of this date making it especially desirable for collectors.
Of course there are many other highlights, so be sure to browse all lots in this exciting new sale before it closes on Sunday, July 14th.If you have any questions about coins in our auctions, or items for direct purchase, please call us at 800-776-0560, or send an email and we will get back to you immediately.
Thanks for browsing our inventory and participating in our auction!
The David Lawrence Numismatic Team