Our Sunday Internet Auction #1105 offers another selection from the D.L. Hansen Collection, as well as a crisply-struck Indian cent, a lustrous S-mint Mercury Dime, a scarce CC Morgan Dollar, a flashy obverse mintmark half eagle, and a frosty yellow-gold Liberty $20. In all, there's a vast selection of over 300 New Items, featuring 59 coins from the D.L. Hansen, Collection, 50 No Reserve lots, and 40 Vault Value items.
We hope that you'll enjoy view pieces that have once held a prominent spot in the Greatest Collection of U.S. Coins ever assembled, and we invite you to also become a part of numismatic history by purchasing coins from the D.L. Hansen Collection!
All lots will begin closing at 8pm EST on Sunday, February 23rd. Some of the more interesting highlights from this week's sale include:
- 1911-S/S $5 NGC MS63 (FS-501)
- SS Republic Founders Set #30 of 50: 1847 $10, 1861-O 50c, 1861 $20 (3 Coins, Box, COA)
- 1907 High Relief $20 PCGS AU Details (Flat Edge, Cleaning)
- 1908 $20 PCGS MS67 (No Motto, Wells Fargo Hoard)
- 1910-D $20 PCGS MS66
- 1915-S $20 PCGS MS66
- 1924 $20 PCGS MS67
- 1925-D $20 PCGS/CAC AU58
D.L. Hansen Collection Highlights
- 1800 1c PCGS AU55 (S-197) ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1867 2c PCGS Proof 65 RD ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1873 2c PCGS/CAC Proof 65+ RB (Closed 3) ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1867 5c PCGS Proof 66+ (No Rays) ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1915 5c PCGS Proof 67 ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1795 H10c PCGS/CAC XF45+ ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1849 H10c PCGS/CAC Proof 64+ ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1800 10c PCGS MS62 ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1809 10c PCGS MS63 ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1928-S 10c PCGS/CAC MS66+ FB ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1890 25c PCGS MS66+ ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1893-S 25c PCGS MS65 ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1890 50c PCGS/CAC Proof 65 ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1799 $1 PCGS/CAC XF40
- 1870 $1 PCGS MS63+ ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1878 7TF $1 PCGS/CAC MS65+ DMPL (Reverse of 1878) ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1885 $1 PCGS/CAC MS67+ ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1889-O $1 PCGS MS64 DMPL ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1897 $1 PCGS Proof 64 CAM ex: D.L. Hansen
- 1860 $20 PCGS MS62 ex: D.L. Hansen
Featured Auction Lots
Our first highlight coin is a handsome 1902 1c PCGS MS67 RD. This superb gem features a crisp strike and extraordinary eye appeal. Frosty orange luster graces exceptionally preserved surfaces. Only 2 examples are graded finer by PCGS.
Our second highlight coin is an 1849 H10c PCGS/CAC Proof 64+ ex: D.L. Hansen. Brilliant centers give to warm golden-brown toning along the rims. Faintly frosted devices are boldly struck and standout against mirrored fields. Abundant eye appeal and strong technical quality make for a gorgeous coin that is CAC approved for quality and holds a PCGS+ grade for premium quality at the top of end of the assigned grade. The Hansen Collection holds a PR66 example for the date.
Our third highlight coin is a 1928-S 10c PCGS/CAC MS66+ FB ex: D.L. Hansen. Brilliant, lustrous surfaces gleam under a delicate patina of pale gold. Sharply struck throughout, this better S-mint Mercury dime is often scarce in full bands. This particular example is CAC approved for quality and also holds a PCGS+ grade for premium quality at the top of end of the assigned grade.
A 1926 25c PCGS MS66+ FH is our fourth highlight coin and offers an underrated P-mint in full head. Incredibly well-struck with stunning satiny surfaces, this beauty has been awarded a PCGS+ grade for premium quality at the top of end of the assigned grade.
Our fifth Highlight coin is a stunning 1878 7TF $1 PCGS/CAC MS65+ DMPL (Reverse of 1878) ex: D.L. Hansen. Brilliant throughout with fully struck devices that standout against reflective fields, this coin is PCGS+ grade for premium quality at the top of end of the assigned grade and CAC approved for quality. The Hansen Collection possess a MS66DMPL example for the date.
Our sixth highlight coin is a 1891-CC $1 PCGS MS66. This issue is a beautiful gem of this scarce CC issue which features satiny white fields and crisply struck devices. One of our favorite dates in the series, it is bested by only 10 other examples at PCGS (2/2020). Terrific eye appeal! 1891-CC $1 PCGS MS66.
Our seventh highlight coin is a lustrous 1838-D $5 NGC AU55 with stunning yellow-gold mirrors. It offers flashy details with well-struck devices for the issue. From a mintage of 20,583, this is a popular type coin for those who need an obverse mintmark half eagle.
Our eighth highlight is an 1860 $20 PCGS MS62 ex: D.L. Hansen. Offering bright frosted yellow-gold surfaces with lots of luster, this coin has exceptional eye appeal! The Hansen Collection contains a MS64 example for the date.
Our final highlight coin is a 1924 $20 PCGS MS67. A perfect Saint Gaudens type coin!
Of course there are many other highlights, so be sure to browse all lots in this exciting new sale before it closes on Sunday, February 23rd.
If you have any questions about coins in our auctions, or items for direct purchase, please call us at 800-776-0560, or send an email and we will get back to you immediately.
Thanks for browsing our inventory and participating in our auction!
The David Lawrence Numismatic Team